Tuesday, August 16, 2011

a little nail polish





When i was a young girl, i was always designing and making new couture for my Barbies. My Barbies always won the fashion contests (in my mind anyway).

I never thought twice about a naked Barbie. Naked Barbies were part of the landscape, right?

Then my friend with 4 boys had a daughter who turned 5 and started playing with Barbies. Now aside from all the other issues Barbies create, she's worried about it making her boys uncomfortable. So i started a little informal poll.

And boys (at least the ones i asked) are (wow) uncomfortable with Barbie nakedness. Plus, i guess, now that you mention it to me(a mom of teenage boys), teenage boys don't really need more, you know... stimulation.

So i got an idea.
A little nail polish (okay, a lot of nail polish) could do wonders!

some of my nail polish

I've always harbored a fear right down in the middle of myself
that i'm really not creative.

That i am just a copycat.
pre-dressed Barbies

Still, i am tickled with our results.




3 comments:

Heather said...

GREAT idea - and carried out so splendidly!

Shirlene said...

I love it! I'll have to keep this in mind for future barbies!

Cindy at LottieBird said...

When I was young and playing with barbies, about 15 years ago, I was THE Barbie fashion stylist and designer. Never mind that my couture rarely involved sewing, but rather a lot of tying.

Alas, fashion design skills aside, I could never paint underclothing as fashionable as this.